April 28, 2020

Tori Brown

Somewhere In

Durham, NC 27703

Dear Tori Alexis,

I am writing to remind you of where you want to be. Over the past year you have loved, lost, hurt, feared and been resilient. Most of all you have grown to accept what is and work with the body, heart and mind God gave you. I know that it has not been an easy road nor will it be but keep this verse close to your heart “the pain that you’ve been feeling, cannot compare to the joy that is coming” Romans 8:18. I want you to remember that when you are down find the little things that uplift you and bring you joy.

In 2020, COVID-19 shook the world literally but it also gave you the chance to focus on your passions. You were able to take your mental health seriously and you grew as an individual. Your creativity sky-rocketed through DIY projects, make-up and fashion. Before the pandemic, I remember you were stressed because you felt that school was limiting your creativity. In addition to this, your interests were not aligning with any of the offered majors which left you to feel stuck. Every week that went by you had regrets of the time you spent not enjoying life. Honestly it was a drag. It is important that you are consistent because only then will opportunities come. Also remember your path is unique and not like anyone else’s so do not compare yourself.

It sounds silly reading this out loud, but MANIFEST your dreams.

I pray that you continue to grow and remember that you can do anything that you put your mind to. Never stop putting your energy into yourself and your passions.

Much Love,

2020 YOU