My Future Child,

We are in the midst of COVID 19 and we’ve been quarantined for about a month. I’m at home living with my parents and my older siblings. My dad and siblings are working from home and I am taking my classes online. The hardest part about being quarantined is having no separation from work and play. Luckily, I don’t know anyone personally who has had coronavirus, but it is constantly a worry in the back of our minds. We haven’t been to the grocery store in a couple of weeks; instead we are ordering food online and having it delivered to our doorstep.

Before all of this started and I lived on campus at college, I had some weekends where I wouldn’t leave my apartment and I enjoyed it so much. Now, I haven’t left my house in over a month, and it’s really difficult. It’s crazy how much things can change in a short amount of time. I remember hoping my spring break would get extended and that I would get to stay home for longer. Now I feel guilty of those wishes and now hope that we will be able to develop a vaccine for COVID 19, with going back to school being the least of my worries.

I’m curious to know what your daily life is like and what is “normal” for you. I remember growing up hearing about 9/11 and even though I don’t recall any of it, it has indirectly impacted my life by having my precautions and safety measures at the airport. I feel like in that sense, COVID 19 will be similar for you because although you weren’t alive by it, this disease will still shape how you are able to live your life. I wonder how long people will wear masks in public, prefer take out over dining in at a restaurant. Appreciate what you have, because things can change overnight.

Love you forever and always.